It is the intention of Crossley Street Surgery to provide a high standard of care; however there may unfortunately be times when you feel this has not happened.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or staff working at this practice please let us know. We have a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints, which meets the national criteria.

You can download a copy of this procedure by clicking here.

We hope that most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time that they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within 6 months of the incident that caused the problem or
  • Within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that this is within 12 months of the incident

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager, Sarah-Jayne Humphies, or to any of the Doctors. Alternatively you may ask for an appointment to discuss your concerns. The complaints procedure will be explained to you and every effort will be made to deal with your concerns promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

You can download a complaint form by clicking here.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. When we look into your complaint we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Enable discussion with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Offer an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Consider changes to reduce the chances of the problem happening again

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this or under the age of 16 years.

Leeds CCG / NHS England

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our complaints procedure. We believe that this will give you the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. This does not affect your right to approach Leeds CCG or NHS England if you feel that you cannot raise a complaint with us directly or are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation.

You should contact:

NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group
Suites 2 – 4
Wira House
Wira Business Park
West Park Ring Road
LS16 6EB

T: 0113 843 5470

e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


NHS England

T: 0300 311 2233

e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You may also wish to contact the Leeds Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (LIHCA) for free confidential help and support in making your complaint. They can be contacted on 0113 2056530.

Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been dealt with, you may choose to take your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman:

T: 0345 0154033

e: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Complaints About the Extended Access Service

If you have a complaint about the service you have received from the Extended Access Service, you can download a Guide to Making a Complaint by clicking here. This guide explains how to make a complaint, and includes a complaint form for you to fill out.